Official Language Policy
1. Karate Canada is committed to the promotion and use of the two (2) official languages of Canada in the delivery of its services.
2. The Karate Canada official languages policy is founded on the belief in and respect for the linguistic rights of members of Karate Canada. In keeping with that belief, the purpose and application of the official languages policy is consistent with the spirit and intent of both the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (1982) and the Official Languages Act(1988).
3. All important communications such as corporate documents, newsletters, press releases and specified bulletins should be translated. In addition, all publications will be provided in both official languages and Karate Canada will endeavour to serve individuals in both official languages.
4. All correspondence to the Karate Canada office will be responded to in the official language in which it is received.
5. If there are any discrepancies or disputes as to whether or not a document requires translation, determination will be made by either the Executive Committee or Executive Director.
January 11th, 2010