OPEN POSITION: PROGRAM MANAGER
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
SALARY RANGE: $47,000 – $50,000 per year (based on education and experience)
BENEFITS: Comprehensive Benefit Plan
LOCATION: Montreal, QC (preferred)
DEADLINE: Monday, May 30, 2022, at 4:00pm EST
Karate Canada (KC) is the governing body for karate in Canada. For more information on our federation, our programs, and events, please refer to our website.
Karate Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
NATURE of POSITION
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for aiding the Executive Director (ED) with administration, coordination, development, and implementation of KC services and programs. The PM will provide support to the ED in the management of operational finances, administrative programs, promotion and communication, internal relations, organization of events and other staff, contractor, and volunteer management. The PM may will liaise with Provincial-Territorial Sport Organizations (PTSO), National Team athletes, coaches, officials, and partners in a variety of KC initiatives. This will include supporting the Sport Technical Leader (STL) with the coordination of the National Team, specifically as the key resource person for athlete support, event logistics, event registrations, and staff travel requirements.
The Executive Director and in their absence their acting representative or the Sport Technical Leader.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To uphold Karate Canada’s Mission Statement: Karate Canada is committed to lead, communicate, develop, and deliver programs of high standard to our membership. Through our PTSOs, we support our members to achieve their full potential in karate.
To uphold Karate Canada’s Vision: Working together to be the voice and image leading Canadian karate.
- Help the ED in ensuring the effective and efficient management of the Karate Canada office and programs
- Actively lead the administrative management of the National Office’s, day-to-day operations
- Assist with effective management of national volunteers and the respective coaching, officiating, and development programs
- Liaising with partners and the government on funded programs and projects as required
- Organizing and/or directing requirements for KC’s meetings, travel, or conferences
- Assist in handling all routine correspondence and communication with regards to KC
- Attending committee meetings when required by the ED
- Attending all events deemed necessary by the ED
- Help answer general inquiries from the public concerning karate in Canada
Program & Sport Management:
- Assist the STL with all National Team related activity, including logistics for the efficient management of events, registrations, travel, accommodations, and financial considerations
- Assist in the effective and efficient management of Karate Canada programs such as, but not limited to: NCCP, Para, LTAD and implementation, national officiating, and technical programs & examinations
- Assisting in the development of content, packaging, delivery, and implementation of the various KC programs
- Coordinate and facilitate program delivery through working groups, committees and with the PTSOs and other KC partners
- Communicating on regular basis with members, parties, and stakeholders
- Ensuring general management of projects and activities
- Assisting the ED in developing grant proposals and documents for claims to government, sport, and other agencies
The PM will assist the ED and STL with:
- Daily accounting and other general financial management for Karate Canada
- Event and meeting reconciliation with a variety of KC stakeholders, including National Team members, BOD, Committees, Coaches, Officials, staff, contractors, and volunteers
- Assisting the bookkeeper with processing accounts payable (loading expense claims/invoices to the cloud)
- Maintaining control over KC inventory, goods, and assets
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Highly detailed, adaptable, and organized team player, able to work independently
- Bilingualism in English & French required (spoken & written) – Spanish is an asset
- College diploma or degree in Business, Recreation, Facility Management, or a combination of experience and education equivalent to such education level. A preference may be given to candidates who have university education in a related field.
- 3 years experience in a similar position (coordinating programs, providing administrative services, communicating with a variety of stakeholders, managing budgets, etc.)
- Experience in a non-profit sports organization is an asset
- Knowledge of the Canadian sports system and/or karate in Canada is an asset
- Extensive computer & software skills and knowledge which may include website management, Office suite, SharePoint, QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, social networks etc.
- Ability to multi-task, to deal with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, and to effectively allocate resources
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle many tasks within short deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and occasionally internationally
- Some evenings and weekends will be required
- Experience with application & software tools E.g., SurveyMonkey, Canva and Trackie is an asset
This posting is preferred for a full-time employment contract at the office in Montreal, qualified candidates who would work virtually from other parts of Canada may be considered. The office is in the Canadian Olympic Committee offices at 500 West René-Lévesque Blvd, 2nd floor, Montreal, QC.
Interested applicants should submit French and English resumes and cover letters, by the deadline to Karate Canada’s, Executive Director, via email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, we will only contact those selected for an interview.