An independent association of Canadian national team athletes
- Game Plan
Athlete wellness program for national team athletes. (Collaboration between the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC), Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC), Sport Canada and Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (COPSIN)
- Athletes 365
An athletes collective supported by the International Olympic Committee
Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (COPSIN)
- Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
- Canadian Sport Institute Calgary
- Canadian Sport Centre Saskatchewan
- Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba
- Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
- Institut National du sport du Québec
- Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic
General Sport Support
Canadian Sport Helpline
Free, anonymous, confidential and independent service in both official languages.
The Canadian Sport Helpline is not a crisis line. For all urgent situations requiring immediate intervention, contact:
- Police: 911
- Canada Suicide Prevention Service: 1-833-456-4566 (In Quebec: 1-866-277-3553)
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Kids Help Text: CONNECT to 686868
Support While Travelling
Global Affairs Canada can direct you to trusted local resources:
- Call direct or collect : 1-613-996-8885
- WhatsApp : +1-613-909-8881
- SMS : 1-163-686-3658
Links to Mental Health Strategy
Provided by Game Plan
Mental Health and Wellness Support for Indigenous People
Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Program Resources
24 Hour Residential School Crisis Line: 1-866-925-4419
Office of the Sport Integrity Commissioner (OSIC)
The Office of the Sport Integrity Commissioner (OSIC) is an independent division of the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada (SDRCC responsible to administer the Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport (UCCMS) using trauma-informed processes that are compassionate, efficient and provide fairness, respect and equity to all parties involved.
This app, supported by AthletesCAN, helps athletes find sponsorships
Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES)
Independent, national, not-for-profit, multi-sport organization with a vision of fair, safe, accessible, and inclusive sport for everyone.
True Sport Clean
True Sport is a CCES program designed to give people, communities and organizations the means by which to leverage the many benefits of sport from a platform of shared values and principles.
True Sport Clean is a required online course for all national team athletes. Contact Karate Canada for an access to course codes.
Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada (SDRCC)
Canada’s premier source for tools and information to help prevent and resolve disputes at the highest levels of the Canadian sport system.
World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
The international independent agency monitoring of the World Anti-Doping Code – the document harmonizing anti-doping policies in all sports and all countries. Activities include scientific research, education, and development of anti-doping capacities.
Global Drug Reference Online (Global DRO)
Provides athletes and support personnel with information about the prohibited status of specific medications based on the current World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List.
Diversity and Inclusion Resources
- Coaching Association of Canada Anti-Racism in Sport E-Learning Module
- Ontario University Athletics (OUA) Anti-Racism Report
- Boys and Girls Club Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Pillars
- The Black Canadian Coaches Association (BCCA)
- Healing in Colour Therapy Directory
- Althea Therapy – Black, Indigenous, and racialized mental health & wellness professionals in Canada
- Jhanelle Peters Psychotherapy – Low Cost Therapy Program
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Calls to Action
National team program
Strength & Conditioning: