OPEN POSITION: SENIOR NATIONAL TEAM KUMITE HEAD COACH POSTITION
Karate Canada is hiring a Senior National Team Kumite Head Coach
Position Type – 1 year part-time contract
Application Deadline Date – December 30th, 5:00pm PST
Employment Type – 1 year contract
Expected Start Date – January 13th 2022
Karate Canada is the national sport governing body for the sport of karate in Canada. The Association is seeking the services of a Senior National Team Kumite Head Coach who will work under the direct supervision of the Sport Techinal Lead (STL), to help execute Karate Canada’s High-Performance plans, leading to sustainable medal performances at targeted international events, such as International Karate-1 Opens, Senior Pan American Championships, Senior World Championships and Pan American Games.
The Senior National Team Kumite Head Coach’s key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Maintaining working relationships with all other Senior National Team Kumite Coaches, Junior National Team Kumite Coaches, Regional Training Centre Kumite Coaches and National Team athlete’s club coaches with regards to the Senior Kumite program, in order to help create an effective High Performance development pathway in line with Karate Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development principles and its High-Performance objectives.
- Developing, organizing, supervising, and implementing the Senior National Team Kumite training and competitive programs.
- Assisting in promoting and ensuring alignment of the Senior National Team kumite program with the Junior National Team kumite program.
- Planning and executing the Senior National Team Kumite events, Selection Criteria, training plans and calendar until December 2023 inclusively.
- Monitoring and evaluating targeted Senior National Team Kumite athletes’ yearly training plans in collaboration with their club coaches and Regional Centre Coaches.
- Assisting with the selection and ensure the management, mentoring, evaluation, and development of other Senior National Team Kumite Coaching Staff.
- Assisting the STL with strategic planning and development of all National Team and High-Performance programs, including the Athlete Assistance Program, as well as talent identification and development programs and initiatives.
The Senior National Team Kumite Head Coach will:
- Have a minimum NCCP Comp-Dev certification or its equivalent as recognized by KC and the Coaching Association of Canada and
- Maintain this minimum level of NCCP certification through continued participation in CAC approved Professional Development activities.
- Comply with and undertake any approved professional development plan or activity as prescribed by KC (dependent on budget).
- Comply with any and all aspects of the KC Code of Conduct that relate to his / her activities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in training, coaching, and supporting sport teams
- Minimum of two years’ experience coordinating and supervising programs for an organization
- Demonstrated expertise in WKF karate, including in-depth knowledge of kumite
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and of Karate Canada’s policies, High Performance plan and programs, including the LTAD
- Superior organizational and time management skills with a strong ability to multitask effectively and work under time constraints and deadlines
- Highly adaptable, with strong leadership skills as well as consultative, facilitation, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel
- Flexible schedule (ability to commit to attending certain events)
- Demonstrated ability to train high-level athletes will constitute an important asset, as will past experience as a high-level competitor.
$150/day of National Team events upon the Sport Technical Lead (and/or the Executive Director’s) request.
Signing bonus and yearly renewal bonus
(Honorarium – no benefits)
Travel to domestic and international events may be required.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their applications and resume in confidence, no later than December 30th, 5:00pm, to: Rodney Hobson, Sport Technical Leader email@example.com.
We thank all the applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Karate Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for contract without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
This position is made possible with the financial support from the Government of Canada.