OPEN POSITIONS: NATIONAL TEAM EVENT COACH (EC) 2022-2024
1.0 JOB DESCRIPTION: NATIONAL TEAM EVENT COACH (EC)
1.1 ORGANIZATION: Karate Canada (KC)
1.2 TITLE: National Team Event Coach (EC) for the 2022-2024 seasons
1.3 JOB CATEGORY & NATURE OF POSITION:
Junior National Team EC – Engaged on a seasonal basis (for one or several events). Events are defined as competitions, training camps or any other National Team function or activity. Hours of work to be determined by the nature of activities required to support all aspects of National Team function and mission as determined by project Head Coach (HC) and event Lead Coach (es) (LC). Renewal subject to performance review based on Key Performance Indicators, as well as on Karate Canada’s needs with regards to Event Coaches. Pending a positive evaluation of his / her work during the 2022-2024 competitive seasons, the National Team EC will be part of a pool of Coaches that may be considered in priority for selection of coaches towards future Junior and Senior National Team events occurring within the following year.
1.4 IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
In the following order: Karate Canada’s Sport Technical Leader, respective National Team Head Coach (Kata, Kumite, Junior or Senior), or if the previous are absent, the National Team lead designated for the targeted event.
ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY: Executive Director
1.5 RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Under the direction of the respective National Team HC /LC and in collaboration with other designated Event Coaches, the National Team EC shall be responsible for: participating in all preevent planning sessions; supervising athletes en route, during and returning from international events, direct coaching support and athlete monitoring during the target events of the season and preceding National Team training sessions; collaborative team leadership and mission accomplishment; collaborative team logistical support; and the collaborative evaluation (written and/or verbal) of National Team athletes, event results and team processes associated with the targeted events.
The EC shall work for the benefit of the entire National Team program and for all athletes participating in the target event. The EC will be at minimum NCCP Competition Development trained, or hold its equivalent as recognized by KC and / or the Coaching Association of Canada, and be working toward Competition Development certification.
The EC shall comply with any and all KC codes of conduct that relate to his/her activities.
1.6 REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in training, coaching, and supporting sport teams
- Demonstrated expertise in WKF karate, including in-depth knowledge of kata and/or kumite
- Trained in Competition Development or higher level, or its equivalent as recognized by KC and /or the Coaching Association of Canada
- Holds a valid and current passport
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact efficiently with volunteers, sport groups and organizations as well as the general public
- Bilingualism (English & French) will be considered a strong asset
- Reliable, responsible, autonomous, and highly adaptable, with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong sense of organization, excellent time management skills, ability to manage various tasks simultaneously and to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to train high-level athletes will constitute an important asset, as will experience as a high-level competitor.
- Any EC selected to support the National Team during the 2022-23 competitive season will receive a per event honorarium of $500.00 per competition and $250.00 per training camp (2 days or more), at the conclusion of each of these events.
- Funding for EC travel will be funded by KC and per diems will be allocated as per KC policy for designated events’ timelines. The EC will receive National Team apparel appropriate for the season’s target events and all costs associated with coach registration and/or accreditation for these events will be funded by KC. Medical insurance for international events is also the responsibility of KC.
- Travel expenses (flight/hotel)
1.8 TO APPLY:
Application Deadline: March 31th, 2022
Applicants must submit their resume via email, to Rodney Hobson, Karate Canada’s Interim High-Performance Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however; only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.