CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS – HIGH PERFORMANCE COMMITTEE
Karate Canada is seeking 2-3 volunteers to serve on the High-Performance Committee for a 2 year term.
The HPC is a committee of Karate Canada (KC). Its roles are
- To provide leadership and advice to the Executive Director and the KC Board of Directors through the HPD regarding KC’s High-Performance Programs and related activities.
- To provide leadership and advice to the Executive Director and the KC Board of Directors through the HPD regarding KC’s High-Performance Coaching Programs.
- To ensure that High-Performance Plans and Programs and High-Performance Coaching initiatives are well integrated and coordinated
The HPC will provide advice to the Executive Director and Board of Directors through the HPD on all aspects of the KC’s High-Performance programs and High-Performance Coaching programs, including but not limited to,
- Selection criteria for all KC Junior and Senior Kata and Kumite teams,
- Sport Canada (SC) Athlete Assistance Program (AAP) selection criteria
- Planning and support on all KC representative Teams for international competitions and major games.
- Ethics, fair play policy, anti-doping, and related matters
- Sport Sciences, Sports Medicine, Innovation and Technology issues relating to High-Performance management
- Development and deployment of the GMP (Gold Medal Profile)
- Devising and implementing Talent Identification & athlete/club recruitment strategies
- Ensuring that High-Performance Coaching related programs are well designed and implemented, including elements such as but not necessarily limited to:
- Recommendations for the hiring of National KC Coaches in Kata or Kumite
- Development of selection policies for KC Coaches to major competition events
- Professional development plans for High-Performance Coaches
- Development of succession planning for High-Performance Coaches
- Development and implementation of Coach evaluation and appraisal processes
The HPC will be composed of the following voting members:
- Chair (High-Performance Director)
- Up to 3 other members appointed by the High-Performance Director
4.0 Meetings and Quorum
The HPC will meet by teleconference, video conference or in-person, at least ten times per year, or as required.
5.0 Eligibility, Nominations and Appointment Process
The HPD shall appoint a maximum of three HPC members. A committee member will serve a two-year term. At the onset of a new committee, one committee member will be assigned a one-year term by the HPD to sure that staggered terms of service are achieved.
When nominating and approving members to the HPC, the HPD will consider as potential criteria
- Registered membership in KC .
- The ability and experience of the candidate in High-Performance sport or high-performance karate.
- Professional skills related to policy development and program management.
- The diverse nature of the KC’s membership, including language, gender and geographic location.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their applications and resume in confidence, no later than March 11th, 2022, 5:00pm, to:
Rodney Hobson, Interim High-Performance Director
We thank all the applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Karate Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.